View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 15:15   #512  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have no intention to add an option to cut the end credits, but you can do that easily.
First, use the preview (in the first tab) to determine the length of the part of the movie you want to keep. Convert it to seconds. For example, if you want to keep 1:35:30, the number of seconds to keep is 5730. Then convert that number to frames: Multiply the number of seconds by 23.976. With my example, that gives 137382.48. Rounds that number. Edit _ENCODE.cmd and replace the numbers of the two -frames arguments with the number of frames you have just computed.. (If you encode in 2-pass, you have to edit 4 -frames arguments.) x264 will compute only that number of frames, and that should not prevent MkvMerge to mux the MKV. However, note that the audio and subtitles are not truncated. Some players may still report the full original duration.

Another way to do it is to compute the whole movie normally, then use the MkvMerge cut function to cut the file after a certain time code. IMO, it's a better method because the audio and subtitles will be cut as well, but you will have to encode the whole movie. And you need to install MkvToolnix. Let me know if you need more info on this second method.