View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 13:07   #508  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I did know that libav can only output the 5.1 core, but IMO it's not a reason to crash, even when the -down6 argument is specified. If the input is already in 5.1, the -down6 option should simply be ignored.
Yep, should simply be ignored, but I can reproduce the error with DTS-MA 7.1 -libav -down6.
With DTS 5.1 or 6.1 the -libav -down6 work without problems.
Seems a eac3to bug.
If you still want use -libav never add the innecesary -down6

Quote:
I remember the info about dcadec in the eac3to thread, but IIRC it was still experimental, and I did not know that it is now the "official" decoder. I will include it in the next release of BD3D2MK3D.
Now is eac3to default for DTS-HD 7.1 only, but is well tested (ffmpeg,
LSMASHSource.dll...) and I recommend to madshi use it for all DTS.

Quote:
Can you confirm that DTS Expres can be used ONLY as secondary audio in BD discs?
Yes, is only for secondary audio like Director's commentary and others.

Is detected by eac3to, MediaInfo and MkvMerge like 'DTS Express'

Like, for now, is only decoded by ArcSoft and can't be included in BD3D2MK3D package I sugest you to remux to mkv (if selected) without recode.

Also I recommend replace the old Aften encoder (libAften.dll included in eac3to) for the best free AC3 encoder ffmpeg.
You can use eac3to to only extract any DTS and after use ffmpeg:

1) DTS-HD support with -acodec libdcadec (the same dcadec included in eac3to)

2) Downmix automatic if required, for instance this command line is valid for DTS-HD 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1

ffmpeg -acodec libdcadec -i input.dts -acodec ac3 -center_mixlev 0.707 -surround_mixlev 0.707 -ab 640k output.ac3

Or you can fix the output channels with -ac channels