View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 11:22   #507  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@Airmiles: Got your files, and as expected I have the same error here. I haven't noticed it because I have the ArcSoft DTS decoder installed, and it is used by default (unless I convert manually with the -libav parameter).

@tebasuna51: Thanks for the explanation. I did know that libav can only output the 5.1 core, but IMO it's not a reason to crash, even when the -down6 argument is specified. If the input is already in 5.1, the -down6 option should simply be ignored.

I didn't know DTS Expres, but I see on the DTS official site that it "has been widely used by major entertainment studios for Blu-ray disc™ secondary audio, BD Live, and other similar applications." It's a problem for BD3D2MK3D, because that means that it can encounter that format in 3DBDs, and I will need to process that streams differently. Can you confirm that DTS Expres can be used ONLY as secondary audio in BD discs? As far as I know, I have never encountered that format in a 3DBD, at least as primary audio.

I remember the info about dcadec in the eac3to thread, but IIRC it was still experimental, and I did not know that it is now the "official" decoder. I will include it in the next release of BD3D2MK3D.

Thanks!