View Single Post
Old 8th October 2018, 09:30   #1504  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Welcome to the Doom9 forums, topjes !

It seems that it's a problem with the FRIM decoder. Since I'm not the programmer of FRIM, I don't know exactly what is the cause of the error, but there are several things to investigate.
  • I have recently learned that the absence of the layout argument in the FRIMSource avisynth command may be the cause of some random crashes. I have already fixed that problem, but the version with the fix is not available yet. So, the first thing to try is to add that argument manually. Edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file and add layout = "alt" at the end of the FRIMSource command, like this:
    interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "", layout = "alt")
    Relaunch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd to verify if that works. Honestly, I'm not sure, as I have never had any problem without that argument, but try anyway.
  • If you have a recent Intel processor, FRIM tries probably to use the hardware acceleration. It may fail if you don't have the latest Intel drivers properly installed. Try to update them and relaunch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd.
  • If that doesn't work, force FRIM to use the software decoder. Change the BD3D2MK3D config with Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware Acceleration -> Disabled, and recreate the project.

If you don't want to recreate the project, you can also edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file and change the platform argument in the line with interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "") to platform = "sw" and relaunch the encoding.
  • If you still get that error, try to use the DGMVCSource decoder : Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Use DGMVCSource.
    Again, try to use also the software decoder. Relaunch the project.

Or, if you prefer to just modify your current project to test if that works, edit __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs and change this:
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
    #LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

[...]

# Load the two video streams (137033 frames per stream)
    interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "")
    #interleaved = DGMVCSource([...], mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
    to this:
    Code:
    #LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\FRIMSource.dll")
    LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\DGMVCDecode.dll")

[...]

# Load the two video streams (137033 frames per stream)
    #interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", [...], platform = "")
    interleaved = DGMVCSource([...], mode = "sw") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
    If that work, you can also try with mode = "auto" to use the hardware acceleration.
Can you tell me if it's the first time you use BD3D2MK3D, or if you have already converted some movies successfully ? In the second case, there is perhaps a problem with the BD. Are you sure it has been correctly decrypted ?
Or perhaps you have just updated the Intel drivers and the latest version has some bugs ? (It's not impossible with Intel!)

Anyway, let me know if one of the tricks above was sufficient to solve the problem.

Good luck !