View Single Post
Old 8th September 2019, 12:55   #1678  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
@Sharc

I think than CRF ([-12-51, default 23.0] Constant Ratefactor. While qp targets a certain quantizer, and bitrate targets a certain filesize, crf targets a certain 'quality'.) is equivalent to rigaya's NVEncC:

Maybe you can do some test replacing the encoder in the "__ENCODE_3D.cmd"
For instance if you have:

You can change it to

Replacing the path and filenames in bold by yours and the x264 parameters with NVEncC parameters:

--crf 23 maybe can be replaced with --vbrhq 0 --vbr-quality 23
--preset medium is, more or less, equivalent to --bframes 3 --ref 3 --bref-mode each --lookahead 32 --weightp --aq --direct spatial
--range tv seems the default with --fullrange can be equivalent to --range pc
--frame-packing 3 I don't kown the equivalence
--qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile can be replaced by --chapter chapters_3D_delay.ogm.txt --key-on-chapter
--frames 158712 all frames are always the default for NVEncC or x264/x265
Yes, I did my constant quality encodes with rigaya's NVEnC according to his recommendation (but outside of BD3D2MK3D) and found it to be quite good. Thanks for your hints how to modify "__ENCODE_3D.cmd", so I can try when needed.

Edit:
My NVEncC settings:
--fps 23.976 --codec h264 --profile high --level 4.1 --sar 1:1 --lookahead 24 --vbrhq 0 --vbr-quality 24.00 --max-bitrate 40000 --aq --aq-strength 6 --gop-len 24 --ref 3 --nonrefp --bframes 3 --bref-mode disabled --mv-precision Q-pel --cabac --deblock --preset quality --colormatrix bt709 --bluray

Last edited by Sharc; 8th September 2019 at 13:16. Reason: Settings added