View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:53   #2  |  Link
CruNcher

Interface:

I like the interface the storyboard is nice, and you find fast your way without reading the manual how to use it getting the idea of fragments (the batch functionality) and the slider, markers very nicely layed out (also the time zoom function) very different to what all the Chinese All in one Converter Studios and Splitters do
Also from a Design Point it looks more Windows like then in comparison Avidemux QTs framework (though that says nothing about efficiency,robustness and quality) or i guess you could also make the compare with VideoRedos Interface which isn't so nice (also 1 very big plus you don't brake the editing flow with different editing modes but allow anything in 1 task)

So for the Interface a clear 1

Engine (Dshow based):

As expected to reach frame accuracy it uses Smart Rencode with Elecards H.264 Encoder hehe i missed that Elecard logo though you have overwrite capabilities of decoder and encoder decisions it seems this makes it also very unique as the Preview can be accelerated either via DXVA native/copy back or Quicksync
The Preview of H.264 is by default done with the Elecard Decoder, parser/muxer <- (here most of the issues will come from) in the backend are all Solveigs own ones as expected

VideoRedo Smart Reencode = Mainconcept
SolveigMM Smart Reencode = Elecard

PS: Dimtry your Introduction Video cant bee seen here in Germany (its blocked) as the GEMA didn't bought the rights for the Music used in it in Germany (YoutubeID @ least marks it as such)

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 2nd February 2012 at 05:48.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote