View Single Post
Old 14th July 2017, 11:46   #1207  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your kind words!

Personally, I don't think that you will obtain a better picture by encoding in 4K Half-OU. IMO, it is better to simply encode in 2K Full-OU, without any resize at all. It's why there is no possibility to do it from the GUI (plus the impossibility to generate 3D subtitles for 4K).

If you want to do it anyway, you will have to generate the project in HALF-T&B (because otherwise the aspect ratios will be incorrects). I suppose that you know already how to select the x265 encoder and set its color depth to 10-bit.

When the project has been generated, edit the __ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs script to replace the original resizes with your own. It's easy. Look near the end of the script. You will need to change the line highlighted in red below and add another line:
Code:
[...]
# Build Top & Bottom stream
StackVertical(VerticalReduceBy2(Left), VerticalReduceBy2(Right))
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")

# Hardcode subtitles
[...]
The final script should be like this:
Code:
[...]
# Build Top & Bottom stream
StackVertical(Left, Right)
LanczosResize(3840, 2160)
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")

# Hardcode subtitles
[...]
In the example above, I have used the classic lanczos resize method, but you can use another method, and/or specify additional parameters if you wish.

Save the script and encode normally. I don't think that there are other things to change. Try to encode a short clip first, just to be sure, but that should work.

Please note that it is currently not possible to generate 3D subtitles suitable for the UHD (in SBS or T&B) due to limitations in the external tools currently used by BD3D2MK3D, but if you need to encode a movie with subtitles, it should be possible to hardcode them on the video. Let me know if you need to learn how to do it.

Good luck!

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th July 2017 at 11:50.