View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 15:54   #85  |  Link
BlackSharkfr

i've downloaded the 1st beta and i've tried the codec on my samples.

My first request is to circumvent the nvidia YUV to RGB hardware conversion, which is buggy and reduces the overall contrast, and i don't know if it's possible to correct it by tweaking some hidden option, or if nvidia plans to correct it.
I'm circumventing this bug by forcing each codec to only output RGB (and/or make a software conversion).
So i'd like the remoulade codec to have this feature.

Then i found some bugs :
All my samples were made with x264, some were made with x264-vfw, others were made with Megui. Some with old versions of x264, some with recent ones.

I'm using iZ3D's mediaplayer classic modification, based on mpc 6.5.0.0 with a Stereoscopic 3D output feature, i also have 3dtv.at's stereoscopic player : an other media player with stereoscopic 3D output.
I also have MPC 6.4.9.0, it reacts exaclty like iz3d's mpc.
I also tested with Windows media player 10 (10.00.00.4058).

my system specs are :
Core2duo e4300 1.8GHz OC @ 2.4GHz (equivalent to e6600 with 1/2 cache), it can go much higher but i'm not a crazy OC guy.
2GB ram
Windows xp pro + SP2

Windows media player reads the firsts 5 seconds of all videos correctly, then the image gets cut in two. One half is renderd correctly (bottom left) and the other half is buggy (top right) : it doesn't display all images, only about 2 fps (see screenshot),
It does this with absolutely all my samples.

Under MPC it's much better, the videos are perfectly watchable but it's not perfect.
All my samples encoded with x264-vfw (either in x264-in-avi or put back in mkv files) have a common problem : the framerate is a little jerky. Playback doesn't look smooth.
although mpc's stats indicate the framerate is good, the sync offset averages 20ms, dev 30ms, and jitter 20ms.
I don't really know what exactly these stats mean, but i know that something's wrong when they're not 0.
Otherwise, all my megui encodes (either in mkv or mp4) work great in MPC. (not in WMP).

I have also tried my 2x720p (1280x1440) stereoscopic video, and it works great in iz3d's mpc mod, but not so well in 3dtv.at's stereoscopic player (cpu useage stuck at 100% + some stuttering) but so does coreAVC in this player, so i believe it's a player issue.

Haven't done performance tests, but cpu useage was very close to what i usually get with coreAVC. But when i look at my cpu useage, i almost never go higher than 50% : so i never saturate any of my 2 cores.

Last edited by BlackSharkfr; 18th May 2008 at 16:08.
BlackSharkfr is offline   Reply With Quote