View Single Post
Old 14th June 2021, 02:41   #19129  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreying View Post
Is anyone having issues closing RipBot? I've got 2 Windows 10 systems.

On my brand new AMD Ryzen 5900 system after attempting to close RipBot, the queue window closes, but the system tray icon remains. I have to go to task manager and end process on RipBot264.exe. This happens whether I've done anything in RipBot or not (e.g. open RipBot, do nothing else other than click close). The first version installed here was v1.26.0, but it continues to occur after the update.

My old Intel i7-4770k system didn't have this issue, but then the update to v1.26.1 has introduced the problem on this system too.
Hi coreying,

This is your first post here, in just over 8 years....

OK, so unfortunately this seems to happen every so often, and it's not necessarily a fault with RipBot, but it IS annoying when one pc does it, and another doesn't.

I have this happen, and have to do what you described, not sure if Atak would be able to track it down.

Off topic a bit here...

However, I have noticed some rather sneaky changes to RipBot with the last couple of updates (not that should affect this, tho), and it's mainly to do with the Avisynth MTmodes & how many "Use multiple threads for encoding" you can set for Prefetch.

It use to be a Limit of 16, NOW you can go all the way up to 64.

Back on topic...

So have you been using RipBot all these years, or just recently...just wondering about the version you had, before the problem started.

I doubt that it would be the AMD platform, as I have a 3950X, and it tends to behave itself pretty well.

Have you got nVidia software / drivers, or any Logitech stuff ??

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 14th June 2021 at 14:06.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote