View Single Post
Old 24th November 2022, 13:52   #1663  |  Link
flossy_cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
After having another play, I'm still at a loss as to why field matchers/deinterlacers think the progressive frames need deinterlacing
Actually Asd-g is changing all that and making it so that for yadif & bwdif, if frame flag _FieldBased=0 (progressive) then it won't deinterlace and throws an error. I'm trying to convince them here to just passthrough the frame instead of throwing error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
This fails to find a match for the orphan fields around the scene changes so it de-interlaces them instead, which IMHO is better than duplicate frames.
Yep, and that is how my Sony DVD player handles it when playing the disc as well, which I find ideal. LWlibavVideoSource actually flags those frames as _FieldBased=2 so it's trivial to do a ScriptClip to switch to bwdif/tdeint etc. when _FieldBased=2.

Also I edited one of my previous comments to mention that the short clips I've been cutting appear to have mucked up metadata in the process of clipping them from the full episode, so I wouldn't necessarily trust the result on those short clips. For instance bwdif was producing some unexpected aliasing but TDeint was not, and I never got to the bottom of it apart from finding that both performed as expected on the full episode but not the short clip.

Anyway, I can see the first screenshot of yours is full resolution progressive frame, and the second one appears blurred on the white rims of the blue cups. I'm not sure if it's weaving or not (I'm guessing it should since you set the MI so high?) but it still looks rather clean and nice -- looks like you are doing antialiasing, denoise & sharpen. For sharpening I'm using MadVR's options but I'm definitely keen on using an antialiasing filter for some of my content so I'll check out MCDAA3 ... just hope it's fast enough for real time.

Last edited by flossy_cake; 24th November 2022 at 14:01.
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote