View Single Post
Old 30th December 2015, 05:23   #12  |  Link
Nullack

Yes, LAV Filters is the premier directshow implementation of ffmpeg. The developer Hendrik has done a masterful job and its more robust than what ffdshow and the tryouts ever was. Its really stable even the nightly builds I have had very little defects with it. Like his VP9 DXVA2 implementation, that was recently supported by nvidia in new drivers and there was not a single defect I could see with gpu accelerated vp9 playback right off the bat. I dont wax lyrical lightly - its very unusual and I deeply suspect he has some sort of secret advanced AI system running on his personal supercomputer that does all his unit tests for him

As to what will happen if you disable the internal MPC-HC filter, yes your saying dont use it. What is used happens on two levels. First, if you tell MPC-HC under external filters to do some custom setups within the HPC_ME config, MPC-HC will use whatever merit order for defined external filters you enter into MPC-HC. On a second level where there is no applicable external filters applied in custom user entries within the MPC-HC config, the OS filters will be used using the OS's filter merit order if it can.....Then if its totally stuck MPC-HC will use one of its internal ones overriding the user choice and in the EVR-CP in that final outcome youll see it noted MPC Video Decoder (low merit) indicating its totally out of merits and is improvising internally.

Unless Im testing I always run MPC-BE x64 nightly, with external nightly x64 LAV Filters. Usually with madVR and AnydvdHD. That said, the various current MPC projects synch pretty regularly with LAV Filters. LAV Filters in turn synchs pretty regularly with ffmpeg.

PS: When I said "ffmpegs and in turn LAV filters hevc decoder" I meant ...AVC decoder.

Last edited by Nullack; 30th December 2015 at 05:28.
Nullack is offline   Reply With Quote