Thread: Blue Ray Rips
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:05   #19  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
Those restrictions cause a particular media file to be played exclusively on a PC - there are people that do not care about anything else than playback on PC and therefore they use settings/presets compatible with PC codecs only.

But one needs to make an effort to read my messages as a whole, not to cherry pick unrelated statements ...
While I'd agree one needs to make an effort to read your messages as a whole, which part of your statement did I cherry pick? My quote of your post included the part which you then re-quoted yourself and highlighted in red while accusing me of cherry picking. Unbelievable!

Yes we all know some players have certain restrictions, and I didn't argue with it because it's obviously true, yet irrelevant to my point. Let me clarify things for you....

"Today the things got a lot improved, there are portables that play most of "former-PC-only" formats"

I was referring to the same "former" PC only formats which you now admit many standalone devices can play, while only a week or so ago you were pontificating about industry standard formats and the likelihood of being huddled around a PC monitor if you used anything else.

Last edited by Guest; 3rd January 2012 at 02:22. Reason: removed ad hominems