View Single Post
Old 4th August 2015, 14:16   #510  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I have removed the code that checks if the Arcsoft DTS decoder is installed and that forced the -libav argument when it's not the case. That prevented eac3to to use the dcadec for DTS HD MA. Now, the libav decoder is never forced any more (except when using the GUI of the Convert tool, if the user selects explicitly the libav option). I have also removed -down6 when -libav is specified. Eac3to should not crash any more.

But if I understand correctly, currently, eac3to will use dcadec only for DTS HD MA. And it will continue to use the libav decoder for all other DTS formats (or the Arcsoft decoder if it is installed). Right? Should I force eac3to to use dcadec for all DTS streams (except DTS Express)? Is it possible simply by adding -dcadec?

Currently, I don't know how to recognise DTS Express. I don't use eac3to any more to analyse the BD MPLS file, because it doesn't do a good job with 3D playlists, and I don't want to use it only to recognise the DTS Express tracks. I have written my own MPLS parser, but as far as I know, only the following codec values can be present. Or at least, they are the only values I have found in the available documentation:
Code:
	1   "MPEG1"
	2   "MPEG2"
	3   "MPEG1"
	4   "MPEG2"
	27  "AVC"
	32  "MVC"
	128 "LPCM"
	129 "AC3"
	130 "DTS"
	131 "TrueHD"
	132 "AC3+"
	133 "DTS-HD"
	134 "DTS-HD-Master"
	144 "PGS"
	145 "IGS"
	146 "TextSub"
	234 "VC1"
As you can see, only regular 5.1 DTS, DTS HD and HD-MA are referenced. Do you know the codec ID of DTS Express, or where I can find more doc on the MPLS format?

I don't use eac3to to extract the tracks either, because it cannot work properly with subtitle tracks in some BD3D (when the same subtitle is included in the M2TS of the base view AND in the M2TS of the dependent view, something relatively frequent). I use tsMuxeR 3D. And I don't want to modify everything just to support the ffmpeg encoding. So, currently, I continue to use LibAften. Do you think that the next version of eac3to will use automatically ffmpeg instead of Aften? That would be great! If it's not the case, I may change the code later...

Anyway, thanks for the useful info. You're the king for everything related to audio here at D9!

@Airmiles: Yes. An update should be available in a couple of days, but I have discovered another bug (not related to audio) and it is very difficult to fix...

BTW, the next version is not 0.7 but 0.70. It's already the 70th version of BD3D2MK3D! (The version number is not a floating point number.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th August 2015 at 11:45. Reason: typo