View Single Post
Old 19th November 2004, 03:09   #89  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital
VLC Player has its own "in-built" Mpeg4 decoder filter which is capable of PAR signalling detection.

If you want media players such as WMP9/10, BSplayer, MPC etc to recognise encodes with PAR signalling, you'll need to install an Mpeg4 direct-show decoder (DSdec) filter that can detect PAR signalling!

The new (beta 1.1.x) versions of XviD now come with such a DSdec filter. Or if you're happy with the version of XviD you already have and don't wish to install the beta, you could just swap the decoder filter with this version.

Sadly, there are very few Mpeg4 DSdec filters that can detect PAR/DAR signalling.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled XviD-1.0.2-29082004 and installed XviD-1.1.-127-06112004 _Alpha Release_ (the latest I could find from Koepi's site). So when that is installed xvid.ax in C:\WINDOWS\system32 should have been replaced by the new one, right? It means when I playback the modified file now in BSPlayer, the new DSdec filter should kick in, detect the modified PAR and display the avi with the corrected AR, right? It didn't. Plays same as before.
unskinnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote