View Single Post
Old 30th March 2011, 10:35   #20  |  Link
CruNcher

That Seekbar Thumb Preview is a nice useful idea indeed fits to Vista/7 especially nice skill jinsk8r, i guess a lot of your gui could be fast realized inside PotPlayer if i saw it right it has a very good Interface Engine that supports skinning via XML and also works In DirectX Exclusive Mode, though implementing that dynamic parts indeed would be a lot of work, in the context of Dshow based for every format getting it from the stream without an enormous amount of overhead (so time lags not fluid) you can see this btw inside a lot of Flash Players working efficiently but even their it needs time. Especially in the context of Usability Frame accuracy would be highly needed i mean you see a picture click on it and you land 20 frames away from its not going to work also if you seeked backwards before and then forward landing @ some random frame would be problematic it would need super stable splitter/decoder first to even think about something like that
Never saw this in any Windows Player the ISV (company, guy or girl) who realizes this in a very fluid way should get a award not even Cyberlink,Arcsoft or Corel/Intervideo got this and they surely thought about it
As said for now we only gonna see that in some Flash Player (as the Mainconcept core it uses is very Frame accurate and not Dshow bound, for the supported formats)

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 30th March 2011 at 11:15.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote