View Single Post
Old 13th August 2014, 12:58   #66  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Jenyok, I see you there.
Try the previous plug with a SetMemoryMax(256), that should I think cure the problem.
Have implemented "Purge" arg in ClipClip() which nullifies non used clips, is a bit better but still crashes
(most often if you have more physical memory). Note v2.58 uses 25% of your physical ram whereas
v2.6 limits to at most 500MB, I think that your problem is connected with you having a lot of ram
and v2.5 setting memax to 25%.
I'm not sure if the problem is an XP problem or how Avisynth allocates cache, but I dont think I can do anything about
it apart from SetMemoryMax (could also be the cause of the problem where avisynth crashes when opening many source
clips, ie title of this thread).
I just need to do a little testing and shall up another version ClipClop.

EDIT: SetMemoryMax(256) works fine on my system (3GB), SetMemoryMax(512) crashes it.
On a machine with only 1GB RAM, works fine (but slow), no crashes, same script.
On your Access Violation problem, can only assume that it is the same problem, but has occurred at a point
in program that does not check if frame buffer is NULL, and so causes Exception rather than throwing an error message.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 13th August 2014 at 13:12.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote