Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2017, 06:20   #210  |  Link
TlatoSMD

Oh, and since this seems an all-over VDub-related suggestion thread, I'd like to quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
somebody really needs to at last write the cross-color and cross-luma PAL filter for VDub that Tacosalad has announced already more than a decade ago. I've mailed him about it around 2005 and he said he has "all the math in his head" for a genuine PAL version of his Dotcrawl filter with that, but nothing doing so far. MSU has been faster and implemented the thing in their commercial MSU Tuner TV Restore filter: http://www.compression.ru/video/tune.../index_en.html (look at the guy's shirt to see what I mean). Well, we need either that, or a proper GUI for Avisynth at least. After all, I'm just a button clicker, not a programmer, which is why I've never gotten a single AVIsiynth script to work within the last ten years that I've been trying.
The outmost I've ever managed to do in this vein of using an abstract video-processing programming language like AVIsinth was to use Mencoder (with lots of help every single time when they'd brought out a new version and seemingly all former commands had been blacklisted again) for what I'm now much more easily and more conveniently using Xmedia Recode for: Simply transcoding stuff into readable files for VDub and PPro before there were all those many codec and container plug-ins for VDub. And even just using Mencoder for that was really pushing the limits of my abilities to use one of those darn programming languages to write "scripts".

So you see, that's why I'm so desperate for either a genuine PAL cross-color and cross-luma filter for VDub...*OR* a clickable GUI like VDub for AVIsinyth. AVIsynth seems to have all the hot filters but the programming language to use them is just gobledegook to me. Besides a genuine PAL cross-color and cross-luma filter, AVIsnyth also seems to have an effective filter to remove those black and white lines from analogue satellite TV recordings, whereas I've never gotten the VDub version called "Processing the linear hindrances" to do anything at all to my footage, and I have lots of tapes recorded from analogue satellite TV. And let's not forget about AVIsynth's awesome filters to turn regular 25 or 30fps videos into extreme slo-mos, with a quality only equalled by Apple Motion so you can forget about cheap and crappy tools like Twixtor.

Last edited by TlatoSMD; 2nd March 2017 at 06:56.
TlatoSMD is offline   Reply With Quote