View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2016, 16:33   #1104  |  Link
konikpolny

r0lZ,
thanks for the latest version. However, it still doesn't have any automated support for 3D subtitles in full-SBS/TB projects, which I was hoping to come into being.
Most importantly it doesn't generate the 3D-planes and XML/PNG files automatically, which are needed or useful in converting the 2D.SRT to 3D.ASS subtitles.
Also, for the reasons I explained earlier it would also be good to have BD3D2MK3D generate the half-3D versions of sups/subs just as it does for half-SBS/TB projects (they can still be useful for full-SBS/TB movies).
Not having these features may add a lot of manual work if one wants to get the 3D subtitles in a full-3D project:
The 3D-planes I can generate manually from the Subtitle tools and this is the easier part, but for XML/PNG there is no tool to generate them directly (you can get xml/png indirectly by converting 2D to 3D). The XML/PNG subs are needed (preferrably before the convertion) if one wants to run the "Verify the 3D-planes compatibility..." tool to make a better guess for the right 3D plane choice (the tool only accepts XML/PNG format).

Currently, as I don't want to do all this manually I am creating the second project for the half- version, only to get these files. This does not make sense.
Please, add the 3D subs support already available to half-SBS/TB projects to full- versions projects as well.

Last edited by konikpolny; 23rd November 2016 at 01:10.