View Single Post
Old 25th January 2023, 13:57   #19960  |  Link
TDS
Formally known as .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
It's my theory that the avisynth threads is waiting on frames when using SMDegrain/MDegrain. During my testing I watched the CPU performance during each increase in threading of avisynth threads. As long as I left a bit of headroom for the CPU to bounce between 85-100% usage everything worked great. But as soon as I increased the avisynth threads to high, the CPU went to and stayed at a 100%, everything drastically slowed down. And yea, this seem more pertaining to 4K content and not 1080p as matching 16 avisynth threads to 16 x264/x265 with 1080p was humming right along. So it's a bit of a balancing act to feed two different processes that can process data at different rates that rely on each other.
Glad you've joined the discussion, again

So, interesting you say that, I did a run this afternoon, upscaling a 1080p to 4K, using a deep_size script, as well as a tr=4 strength filter, and I also changed it to 3 minute chunks, (the last chunk was only about 800 frames bigger) and ONLY 1 DE server per PC, had 4 PC's going, and the speeds were really good, and like you said, with the CPU usage bouncing between 80% & 100% or so, things were running sweet

The 7950X & the 13900KF were swapping fastest FPS's all the way thru, they are SO, SO close to each other.

I have changed my encoder command lines a fair bit, they are a little different on each PC, and for now, seems to be working the best.

RipBot264 modded builds..
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote