View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2023, 22:27   #19947  |  Link
rlev11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Or changing SetCacheMode
http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Interna...s#SetCacheMode

Guys add that at the top of your script and see if this fixes that performance drop on 7850 with 16 prefetch threads with active MDegrain/SMdegrain

Code:
SetCacheMode(1)
I want to setup my somewhat controlled test that I did over this past weekend to really look at this which I will get to later in the week.

My initial "way too early" observation is that it does make a difference, but I am not sure it is the magic pill yet. On the 7950x and 5950x the utilization graph is a lot more stable across the board, not the constant wild swings in the decoder utilization. There are still some points during the middle of a chunk where the encoder drops out and the decoder takes a dive for 10-15 seconds. Then it goes back to a stabilized somewhat flat bar. Running at 12 core the bar is stable the whole way across the chunk. FPS are definitely better coming close to the 5900x numbers, but not as high as they should be.

One thing I did notice was I opened a second encoding window on the 7950x at full cores, and performance dropped a little bit combined vs single. When I did this on the 5950x, both encoding windows puked their guts out.

Will post back when I look more thoroughly at it later this week
rlev11 is offline   Reply With Quote