View Single Post
Old 17th August 2015, 12:42   #567  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Unfortunately, currently, it is difficult to watch a converted 3D movie with 3D subtitles and the good depth.

Many players are unable to display correctly the 3D subtitles. They consider them as 2D subtitles, and print them on the two views. As a consequence, you see them in double.

Some software players (like PotPlayer) have an option to display the subtitles before or after the rendering in 3D. You should select before for 3D subtitles, and after for 2D subtitles.

Or you can use any player that can stream the image to your TV. The player should be configured in 2D (and therefore display the two images side by side) and the 3D subtitles must be applied normally (in 2D). Then, configure your TV to convert the streamed input in 3D (SBS or T&B). That will work in all cases.

Of course, the best way to be sure that the 3D subtitles are shown correctly with all 3D players and hardware is to hardcode them on the video. That will ensure that they are correctly displayed in 3D, with the good depth. (If you need to display the subtitles anyway, I strongly recommend to use that option. However, it's not the best choice if you have kept the audio track in the original language of the movie and the audio track in your own language. In that case, you have to be able to turn the subtitles on or off, and you can't hardcode them.)

I can't help more. I don't know the Dune player.