View Single Post
Old 1st October 2015, 13:25   #14  |  Link
vivan
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
The principle of VFR is that some frames are duplicated when the video is played.
Imagine playing back video that has 24 and 30 fps parts on 120 hz display. Normally it will not have stutter, but if you convert it to 30 fps first then it will.
Should you convert it 120 instead? Maybe even using so-called "null frames"? Oh, wait, we've been there before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
I don't understand why Interframe would be more confused if there is a VFR step before, it's not supposed to know it if CFR is created before the Interframe step (whatever the VFR to CFR conversion is made with Avisynth in the same script than the Interframe process or with Virtual Dub and an intermediate avi).
It won't be confused. It just won't interpolate.
Avisynth can't handle VFR, and thus can't Interframe. Whatever method you use to convert it to CFR will have same result - it just won't interpolate between dublicated frames at best (and with blended frames it will be even more sad).
Imagine having 10 fps video that was converted to 30 and then interpolated to 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
How about this: Use DSS to import a Graphedit .grf instead, one in which you start with your mp4 source and connect SVP.
I don't know if it can handle it now, but 3 years ago it handled VFR by looking at fps ffdshow reported. It took 10+ seconds just to switch from one constant framerate to another... Also it will require processing everything in realtime, or am I misunderstanding something?

If video is switching between different constant framerates it should be possible to splice those parts and use Interframe on each part separately... With v1 timecodes it shouldn't be hard.

Last edited by vivan; 1st October 2015 at 13:51.
vivan is offline   Reply With Quote