View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 15:01   #1640  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxoptimizer View Post
Unfortunately, I think my TV doesn't like Full SBS because what I see is a 3D movie with very large horizontal black bars
This is a well known problem, due to the fact that the de-facto standard for 3D SBS or TAB is not very consistent, especially for Full-SBS or Full-TAB. The aspect ratio to use is not clearly specified. Some TVs require to set the aspect ratio of the combined view, and others require the aspect ratio of the final display (16:9), and some (like my Samsung) ignore totally the AR settings and disp[lay the movie in 16:9 full-screen anyway (and this is not a bad idea, because the SBS/TAB standard REQUIRES a 16:9 movie, with the black bars if necessary, so displaying it in 16:9 anyway makes sense.)

For a good result, you may have to change the AR settings with the menu Settings -> Full SBS/T&B aspect ratio. Note that there are two AR: the DAR set in the MKV header and the SAR in the video stream, so there is a total of 4 combinations. I suggest to encode a little clip several times just to verify what setting works for your TV. You can already exclude the default settings. :-(

Note also that there is no problem in Half-SBS/TAB.

Last edited by r0lZ; 19th August 2019 at 15:05.