View Single Post
Old 26th January 2016, 17:58   #784  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

SRT for 3D is another absurdity. Have you tried to watch 2D subtitles over a 3D video? Your head explodes after 10 subtitles or so! Subtitles must be in 3D to watch a 3D video. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to display the 3D subtitles correctly. Only a few software players have the necessary options, and probably no TV can do it (yet). It's why BD3D2MK3D has an option to hardcode the 3D subs. You know that. But with the right combination of a good software player and a 3D monitor or TV, it is possible to watch muxed 3D subs correctly. I don't want to ruin that possibility to add an useless crop option.

I'm convinced that many peoples begin to understand that cropping a 3D movie is not a good idea. It's certainly not now that I will tell them that they are wrong by adding that option. Anyway, I have already added a Help -> Why no Crop option? menu to explain why I will never add that possibility. I hope that will help the remaining crop fanatics to change their minds.

Like Coluche (a French humorist) said, "It's not because they are numerous to be wrong that they are right."