View Single Post
Old 26th January 2016, 11:17   #781  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

I can definitely say that almost any movie has the 'crop' rip edition. It is very very popular indeed, at least in our segment. Each movie usually gets such rips like 'half o/u', 'full o/u' (much rare yet) and 'crop half o/u', with s/b/s versions too ('crop full o/u' I havent seen but maybe and this takes place).
But unfortunately many coders have to use the very poor methods or to use not so qualified progs.
People who watch this movies do understand that some part of image is lost and could be some problems with the borders (You have noticed) but they are agree with it.
I ask this not personally but for the people who does encode crops. BD3D2MK3D is not popular now amongst them due to the lack of the used options like cutting the borders. If they could do this then they would use BD3D2MK3D and it would give the much better quality of the rips - that's great.
For You could better understand the cutting, I would example the following - usually they cut approx 140 pixels up and 140 down the BD frame (to cut the black borders) and 244 left and 240 right to gain the normal aspect. Later this 1432*800 they upscale to initial 1920*1080 and are happy :-)
Unfortunatelly I'm not a programist anymore, it was many years ago when I was doing this, so I personally cant modify the BD3D2MK3D code or fix the demuxed project with the strings of avisynth code. Especially it is useles to try (even if I could) because the others would not do it each time they want to transcode the BD3D. It is too much complicated. Whey simply will take the other instruments, bad but easy. You can help.

I would suggest you to take the special TAB named like 'image conversion' or smth, where would be placed all the present and future image works. Transform to 720p already, for beginning. Maybe and subtitles hardcode too (as it is the image-changing action).
I recall with a pleasure the VirtualDub project, now discontinued, where we could do almost anything without 'everytime programming', only using a similar GUI like yours. I hope You know this program and understand that I'm talking about. The conception was decode -> image manipulation -> encode.
It used avisynth too (or smth like that), got a set of effects, including the resize, zoom, denoise etc. Combining that plugins I could do almost anything with avi.
So I dont ask You to repeat all the functionality of VurtualDub, but such a TAB can definitely attract many people to your very good program. You dont even have to think how people would calculate the pixels to cut, for example. Whey could easily do it in any other program like DVDFab. The only thing you could easily help them would be the checkbox 'preserve the aspect' - if they enter blackborders cut the BD3D2MK3D will fulfil the remainings. And that's all, people are responsible themselves for the result, You dont have to worry. Whey do understand that they're doing.
Please, think it over, dont quick refuse. If I haven't could ensure You to add the image-transformation functionality then it is the last try (for not to bother You). Thanks.

Last edited by GamBIT_Rus; 26th January 2016 at 11:21.