View Single Post
Old 29th June 2005, 16:16   #6  |  Link
Zenitram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thana
yeah, i know. but then the really correct name would be "MPEG-1 Systems Multiplex". also the codecs are correctly written with a dash before the number, f.e. "MPEG-1 Audio" or "MPEG-2 Video" instead of "MPEG Audio 1" or "MPEG Video 2".
OK, I will change for this.
But : what should I write for "MPEG Audio 2.5 (some MP3 have this, extended version of MPEG-2 Audio...)? MPEG-2.5 Audio?
but : "MPEG-1 Systems Multiplex" is long . I think I will change it in MPEG-x PS, and MPEG-x TS (see below for TS)
Quote:
What about MPEG transport streams? are they supported?
TS? Not yet, because I didn't find documentation on this (which bit for what),
Quote:
if they are not supported, the correct description for the MPEG-2 container would be "MPEG-2 Program Stream", because "MPEG-2 Systems Multiplex" describes both, program streams and transport streams.
if you know MPEG system, could you tel me where PS is used (DVD, and?), and where TS is used?
I have difficulties to understand all in the MPEG standarts, they are a little difficult with a lot of standarts
Quote:
i didn't mean a container without any stream (would be quite useless), just one without an audio stream but with a video stream or the inverse.
but i just saw that this isn't a real problem, i was only confused because you called MPEG Elementary Streams "MPEG Video 1" etc. but you are probably correct, an elementary stream really doesn't have a container/format, its just the audio/video stream.
OK, I understand more what you said.
And as you said, Video ES or Audio ES (=MP3 or raw AAC) doesn't have a container, so I use the ES name in place of the container name, and I think to not change this.

Thank you for your analysis.