View Single Post
Old 26th August 2015, 17:06   #585  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

It's strange, that frame number problem. I have never noticed that.
And BTW BD3D2MK3D demuxes the M2TS with tsMuxeR, as you can see in the demux.meta file. However, it needs to demux the M2TS files when the MPLS contains several M2TS (or SSIF) files (used for multi-angle/seamless branching), because tsMuxeR is unable do demux them if you specify the MPLS. Is it the case of your movie?

Thanks for the disc space trick. It works fine indeed. Currently, I've found a solution with the DIR command, but if it fails again, I'll use your trick.

Thanks also for the method to encode the 2D version. Indeed, the MUX_2D files are made to mux easily the 2D version without re-encoding. I use sometimes a similar trick than yours to mux a re-encoded version with the existing MUX_2D files, but I do not edit the _ENCODE.cmd and the avisynth script to encode it. I prefer to launch the untouched MUX_2D files to create the lossless 2D MKV, and then give it to the Simple x264 Launcher to re-encode it. Then I edit the _MUX_2D_OPTIONS.txt file to change the file name of the h264 file.

Note that you forgot to remove the "--frame-packing 3" (or 4) argument in _ENCODE.cmd. It sets the frame packing so that the TV should automatically recognise the video as 3D SBS (or T&B). Many players or TVs ignore that flag, but if you have, like me, a Samsung TV, it will switch to 3D mode automatically. Not really what you want for the 2D version! Especially because there is no way to force it to play the file normally, in 2D!

@everybody:
If you are interested, I can probably easily generate a _ENCODE_2D.cmd and _MUX_2D_REENCODED.txt files, so that you will not have to edit anything to obtain a 2D version. Let me know if you think that will be useful for you...