View Single Post
Old 24th June 2021, 23:40   #19184  |  Link
Ripmann

Just updated and immediately noticed that the output line is now editable. Thanks a lot, Atak. Major time saver. I don't think I'll ever be using the Save As dialog anymore.

I have a quick noob question: is there a lossy codec similar to AC3 that allows you to keep all 7.1 channels, not just 5.1? I can't afford to use uncompressed DTS or TrueHD audio and having the audio track being almost the same size (if not more) as the video track, but I'd like to keep all channels at least for some of the encodes as well. Is there a solution for this? I'm sure there must be, but I just got my first modest 7.1 system and this is the first time I have to worry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormMeows View Post
...Would Ripbot be a good program to do x265 bluray backups? I want to be able to get the best possible quality as the original source and retain the lossless audio tracks on all of my encodes...
It definitely is. I've been using it for years and it's fantastic, there's no other word for it. I believe it was designed to be noob friendly, so you should be able to dive right in. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to optimize your encodes further and further. I highly recommend you try it.

As for the advanced settings, most of this stuff is fairly self-explanatory. It also depends on what you exactly you want and the kinds of video files you'll be processing. You may have to look up some of the terminology, but other than that, you'll probably be better off by taking a small sample file and doing several attempts to see how it looks on various settings, asking for help with specific issues, once you encounter them. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Ripmann; 24th June 2021 at 23:50.
Ripmann is offline   Reply With Quote