View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:09   #1429  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
So far I've tested full resolution TAB and SBS, and both work and look great.
Have you had to modify the Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio in the settings menu of BD3D2MK3D to obtain a correct picture, or did it work correctly out of the box? It seems that the default aspect ratios for the Full resolutions is not always correct and give distorted results on some LG TVs. I would like to know if I need to modify the default values, or if the LG TVs that do not display the full resolutions correctly are exceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
Both automatically trigger 3D mode.
Did you encode in h265 or h264? BD3D2MK3D sets the 3D information in the MKV header anyway, and when encoding in h264, also in the video stream. As far as I know, only x264 "understands" the --frame-packing option, so currently, that information is not set in the video stream itself when it is encoded in h265. My Samsung TV switches to the correct 3D mode only when the information is present in the video stream, and ignore the MKV header, and therefore it cannot display the h265 videos in 3D automatically. :-(
I would like to know if LG takes the 3D info in the MKV header into account. Or does it detect the 3D mode with the 3D string in the file name?

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd March 2018 at 11:22.