View Single Post
Old 8th December 2008, 14:53   #799  |  Link
Clumpco

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
DGAVCDecNV is not for watching.
Donald, please credit me with a little more intelligence than that.

If you run two parallel encodes in MeGui, both using DGAVCDecNV as a frame server, you get a mixture of bands from both files. Hence my quip about it being useful if you want to watch two at once.

However, and on a more serious note, I have noticed that running h264ts_cutter at the same time as your frameserver results in artefacts in the cut .ts. This I find astonishing because AFAIK h264ts_cutter only does any rendering except while you are searching through the video for cut points. But there must be a link because h264ts_cutter will also cause a BSOD in some cases (which it never does if your frameserver isn't working).

It would also appear that playing any video while frameserving can have catastrophic results.

Is it possible to index another .ts while frameserving to x264? I suspect not either.

Your code should have some check of whether there is already an instance serving frames when it is called.

All this makes capturing/encoding a very linear process and reduces the benefit of the high framerates obtained.
I cannot capture from a sat card while indexing/encoding.
I cannot index another file while encoding or capturing.
I cannot edit a .ts while indexing/encoding.