View Single Post
Old 27th March 2019, 10:00   #1557  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
r0lZ,
Regarding the Flat 3D problem, many thanks for your suggestions.
First, the machine in question is AMD, so not the intel issue. Second, my original Avisynth script was using FRIMSource as the decoder.
Now, the tests you suggested:
The results for FRIMSource with platform = "sw" are exactly the same as before.
Note that as with FRIMSource the change in the mode between "auto" and "sw" did not make any difference.
If you don't have a CPU compatible with the hardware acceleration, "auto" uses the software mode, and it is therefore exactly equivalent to "sw". And don't try to force "hw", as the script will crash. It's normal. Anyway, the hardware mode is not terribly efficient. Just a little bit faster, but it has also a lot of problems, due to the bugs in the Intel libraries. Personally, I'm happy with the software mode.

Quote:
However, the change to DGMVCSource decoder did fix the problem.
Good to know. Unfortunately, none of these decoders is perfect. I have already changed the default decoder (currently FRIMSource), but perhaps I will have to change it again. :-(

Quote:
Below the 4 configurations and results with DGMVCSource:

[...]

2b)
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left = SelectOdd(interleaved)
StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
= correct 3D!

I recently had 3 of such BD3Ds, all animated titles: the Boss Baby, Shrek the Third, Epic.
Now I know it, I will look at each avisynth script before encoding but it would be good BD3D2MK3D pop up the message, or even change the script accordingly.
Many thanks again
The 2b script is the one that has been created by BD3D2MK3D, right? So, without the FRIMSource bug, BD3D2MK3D does its work correctly, right ? So, IMO, there is nothing to change in BD3D2MK3D. And I don't understand what you suggest. What message should I show ? Except explaining that in case of bug, it might be useful to try the other decoder, I can't do much more.

Of course, I will contact VideoFan3D, the author of FRIM, in the hope that he will be able to fix the bug. [EDIT] Done. See here.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th March 2019 at 10:11.