View Single Post
Old 14th May 2018, 03:37   #50828  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I upgraded to the latest driver a few days ago. This morning I tried custom mode setup as I've succeeded doing in the past with older drivers and failed. I tried Warners guide which is slightly different than how I normally did it in the past and still failed. All is well until I get to the pop up that says to play a video for half an hour and then return to madVR and press 'optimize' again. After playing a video I select 'optimize' again and it just returns me to the define timing parameters window again as if I didn't play a video to be analyzed. No new timing modes are added. Just the few originals. Selecting 'optimize' after playing a video pops up to play a video. After 4 attempts, I gave up. Also noticed MPC players start paused and simply deleting custom timing mode stuck awaiting analyzing didn't correct. Had to reinstall driver and video starts in play mode as it should. I also noticed when using DVDFab Player (nothing to do with madVR) HDR engages but the video crawls. Reinstalling the nvidia driver cured this too. Both were fine before messing with custom mode for 2160p 23Hz. I don't doubt it works for others, I just can't get it to cooperate.
Did you check to see if your custom mode was added in the Nvidia control panel? It sounds like your custom mode is being ignored and not being used/measured by madVR when playing a video with the correct refresh rate.

I ran into an issue after running DDU and installing new drivers where something seemed to be saved in the registry or madVR where custom timings were already available in the madVR custom modes menu after a fresh driver install. I went through the normal process and the custom mode was simply ignored.

I ran DDU a second time, and this time everything was set to the default in the madVR control panel under custom modes. Only then, I was able to get the custom mode to work. I don't know why it took two attempts with DDU to reset everything to its defaults.

Make sure everything is reset in madVR before attempting to create a custom mode. The custom mode panel shouldn't report any previous activity. And check to determine if any custom mode is available in the Nvidia control panel. If it's there, it is being ignored, so you can't optimize it.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote