View Single Post
Old 20th April 2018, 12:36   #1464  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I see now the approved attached images. I can only tell you that the "index out of bounds" error happens usually when a stream is created, but it contains no subtitles at all, or just pointers to non-existing bitmaps. Therefore, I guess that MakeMKV has created a bad forced stream. Try to do what I have explained in my previous post. It should be easy to extract the forced subtitles from the full stream.

Since the first time I have converted Avatar, that was from the 3DBD, I've just converted it again, but this time I have decrypted it with MakeMKV and converted the 3D MKV, with the English and French subtitles, to verify if I can reproduce your problem. Everything went fine, including the forced subtitles. I may have another version than yours, but AFAIK, the current version of BD3D2MK3D has no problem with the subtitles. However, it includes 3 subtitles at the very beginning (up to 30 seconds in the movie) with a full-screen text "Please turn on your 3D glasses and put them on now". English subs 1475 to 1607 (from 2:36:43 to 2:41:40) are identical. They are the subtitles taken from the MVC M2TS. These subtitles are useless but are present only in the output streams with all subtitles. The forced streams are not affected. Unfortunately, BD3D2MK3D has no way to understand that these subtitles should be removed, and therefore they appear in the full stream. Of course, for a better result, it is better to remove them manually with BDSup2Sub, and remux the movie with __MUX_3D.cmd.

I don't remember if that strange subtitles were also present in the streams generated from the BD during my first encode of Avatar, but I remember that I have had many problems with the Avatar subtitles, and I've added some workarounds in BD3D2MK3D to be able to handle them. Currently, it seems that BD3D2MK3D can convert the streams successfully, but at least when converting the 3D MKV, it cannot avoid the "3D glasses" full-screen subtitles. IMO, it's the job of MakeMKV to try to export only the subtitles from the AVC M2TS and ignore the subtitles from the MVC M2TS. Since in the 3D MKV, they have been merged, BD3D2MK3D cannot distinguish them, and therefore cannot ignore them.

Anyway, on my side, I cannot do something to avoid your problems. You will have to create the forced stream manually.