View Single Post
Old 13th July 2017, 09:02   #1203  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Please note that the new version of FRIMSource has NOT been included in this release, because it crashes for me. Videofan3d has released it recently (thanks!) but on my machine, it crashes systematically as soon as I try to decode a MVC stream. Videofan3d is unable to reproduce the problem, and therefore he cannot fix the bug (if any). The problem might also be caused by something on my system. More info in the FRIM thread.

So, to help videofan3d, I ask you to try the new FRIMSource (32-bit) and report here or in the FRIM thread if it works for you. If it appears that I'm the only one with that problem, the next release of BD3D2MK3D will contain the new version.

To check the new FRIMSource, do this:
  1. Copy the FRIMSource.dll from the toolset directory of BD3D2MK3D elsewhere (or rename it), just to be able to restore it if the new FRIMSource doesn't work for you.
  2. Grab the new FRIMSource.dll from the "FRIM version 1.27 (x86)" archive available in the FRIM thread, and put it in the toolset directory. (You don't need to copy all files. FRIMSource.dll is sufficiant. Be sure to use the 32-bit version!)
  3. Open BD3D2MK3D and verify if FRIMSource is selected in the Settings -> MVC Decoder menu.
  4. Similarly, be sure to select Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware acceleration -> Disabled, especially if you have the Intel CPU compatible with the hardware acceleration.
  5. Create a new BD3D2MK3D project.
  6. Launch the encoding of the project created by BD3D2MK3D. It will either crash immediately, or work fine. Report the result here.
If you have the right Intel chipset, please test also if FRIMSource works also in hardware accelerated mode. Be sure to install the latest Intel drivers, and select Settings -> MVC Decoder -> Hardware acceleration -> Enabled. Everything else is identical.

Note that you can check FRIMSource with an existing project as well. To use FRIMSource in software mode, you may have to edit the "__ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs" file, and verify the following lines:
The LoadPlugin("FRIMSource.dll") must be active (without the "#" character at the beginning of the line), and you can comment out the LoadPlugin("DGMVCDecode.dll"), like this:
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Tcl\work\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\LoadHelper.dll")
#LoadPlugin("DGMVCDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("FRIMSource.dll")
Similarly, the FRIMSource command should be active, and the DGMVCSource command MUST be commented out, like this:
Code:
# Load the two video streams (128606 frames per stream)
#interleaved = DGMVCSource("00000.track_4113.264", "00000.track_4114.mvc", view = 0, frames = 128606, mode = "auto") # Old syntax for mode: hw = 0
interleaved = FRIMSource("mvc", "00000.track_4113.264", "00000.track_4114.mvc", num_frames = 128606, cache = 2, platform = "sw")
(The arguments of the commands may differ. Do not change them, except the platform argument, as explained below. You should only verify the "#" characters at the beginning of the lines.)

To test the software mode, verify that the last argument of the FRIMSource command is:
Code:
platform = "sw"
You can also force the hardware mode with platform = "hw", but that works only if you have a compatible Intel CPU with the right Intel drivers correctly installed.

Experienced users can also download this archive, and encode the test.avs script from the command line or with Simple X264 Launcher, or just preview it in AvsPMod.

When you report here if FRIMSource works or not, please be sure to specify if you have tested it in hardware or software mode.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by r0lZ; 13th July 2017 at 09:13.