View Single Post
Old 16th August 2015, 10:38   #553  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have recently added the check for monochrome (black) subtitles. You can turn it off in the Settings menu if you wish, but at your own risk. Anyway, it seems that that malformed subtitles are not frequent, but they exist. There is no perfect way to avoid that problem, except by simply removing the bad subtitle during the conversion to 3D.

However, BD3D2MK3D should not stop completely, as it did in your case. The error concerns only a single subtitle in the whole stream, and therefore a warning should be sufficient. I will fix that bug immediately. Thanks for having reported it.

I do not recommend using the ++ version, as you can see when you select it in the Settings menu. The main bug is that it cannot process full-size PNGs. They are frequent in Asian films, and it is very dangerous to assume that it will work correctly. Anyway, even if it saves two times the same PNG (instead of a monochrome PNG), that doesn't mean that there are no bugs when ++ tries to process that malformed subtitles. In many cases, it saves a bunch of images, all for the same subtitle, and unfortunately BD3D2MK3D doesn't have a way to know what image is should retain. Therefore the final stream can be terribly bad. Usually, the java version gives much better results, although it has also some bugs.

You can modify an existing project without starting over. Most of the files that you can easily edit start with an underscore (plus tags.xml). For example, if you want to add an external subtitle stream (or, in your case, the 3D subtitle stream correctly processed with BDSup2Sub++), you should edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file and add an entry for the new subtitle. If you don't know the syntax, I suggest to create a project with a short clip, rapid to demux and with a subtitle stream. You can then easily copy the stream definition of the first clip. Be sure to change the file name, the language code and the label if necessary.

You can even do that after having encoded the final video stream with _ENCODE.cmd. To mux the MKV without re-encoding the video stream, just launch _MUX_3D.cmd.

[EDIT] tebasuna51 has replied when I was typing this post. Indeed, he is right. The "palette animation" is probably a bug of the java version. Unfortunately, none of the two BDSup2Sub versions are still developed, and we have to live with their bugs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 16th August 2015 at 10:42.