View Single Post
Old 18th September 2017, 07:32   #1240  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
I wasn't sure if all subtitles would have to be remuxed [...]
You don't need to include all subtitles. Just the languages you need. Of course, if you don't remux all subtitles, there will be useless 3D-Planes in the MVC, but that's not a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
As I am further learning about my 2 mediaplayers' 3D capabilities (or lack of them) I also did a BD3D2MK3D project to create a 3D mkv andI carefully specified the project folder, but I can't see any of the "3D-Plane-**.ofs" files, nor the "3D-Planes.log" that I would have if I use the 3D-planes extraction tool. I also went through the "BD3D2MK3D.log". Are they stored somewhere in another, maybe temporary created folder?
No, they are stored in "[project folder]\[movie title]\[MPLS number]". But as I have explained above, the 3D-Planes are extracted only when they are needed to convert the subtitles to 3D. (It's a relatively long operation, and I don't want to force the user to wait if it's not necessary.) Therefore, you have to select at least one subtitle stream, and also specify that you want it (them) in 3D (or 2D and 3D) in the second tab. (Sorry, I forgot to specify that second requirement in my previous post on this subject.)

You can even use BD3D2MK3D as a demuxer, to demux all necessary streams. If you select the audio and subtitle you really need, you will find them in the project folder at the end of the operation, with the video streams and the chapters as well, and you will not need to demux anything else. And an additional advantage is that BD3D2MK3D merges together the different parts of a multi-angle or multi-story movies. You can therefore use it if you want to remove all angles but one.

Or you can also use BD3D2MK3D just to confirm the 3D-Plane numbers, and demux the streams with tsMuxeR. After all, you don't need to demux the 3D-Planes if you don't re-encode the MVC. Generating a whole project with BD3D2MK3D just to have its full 3D-Planes log may be overkill!

However, you may need the OFS files if you want to check what is the "best" 3D-Plane to use with an additional subtitle stream you want to add to the original BD. There are several tools in the Subtitles menu that can help you decide what stream to use, but you need the 3D-Planes and the subtitles in XML+PNG format. In that case, it is probably a good idea to generate the BD3D2MK3D project.

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th September 2017 at 07:56.