View Single Post
Old 7th March 2011, 15:15   #311  |  Link
burfadel

Well, for the moment one of the current modded toolbars, or a new one, could be implemented. The timeframe for the new GUI would be quite a while I'd imagine, if one ever is implemented. Realistically though, consider what they're talking about with the new Windows 8 Gui, MPC-HC will look chronically outdated by then.

The argument about MPC-HC being in codec packs is a good point, however the average user can't distinguish between the very first build of the MPC-HC branch, and the latest (apart from the buildnumber). The problem is, there are people out there with 8 month old copies, 1.5 yr old copies, 3 yr old copies,... or even one of the original MPC, which depsite having lots of builds (dozens? more?) they all had identical version numbers!

I see a new GUI as away for everyone to get the latest MPC-HC, as it will be obvious! in the meantime, the toolbar update would be beneficial, especially if combined with a basic updater. Although belonging more to the normal discussion thread, I do see at least a toolbar update + updater as being beneficial. Remember, most people out there actually fully rely on auto-updates. If they didn't have autoupdates turned on, things simply wouldn't be updated.