View Single Post
Old 7th June 2011, 20:35   #17  |  Link
P.J
Δ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruNcher View Post
PS: I also let me be carried away into off topic still the main task was to help the thread creator but i have to say im pretty @ the end of possible answer to this/his issue it's so crazy strange this works 1 time then never again until driver reinstall it almost sounds like some kind of restriction that gets forced after a reboot or either the use of the GPU @ all (not the Video Engine) by the driver :P (though unlikely,not impossible but unlikely). Better explanation would be the Video Memory is never fully cleaned up and then 1080p I fails (in the context of only 256 MB) but that's also unlikely as it doesn't work after a reboot @ all again
Wait did you tried to turn off Aero on Win7 you can't unfortunately turn of DWM entirely that only works on Vista if i remember right, but then again it also shows the same issue on XP (where i still can't believe that a driver re install actually makes it possible to use the Video Engine @ all without a reboot) as you said, so nah im to confused with this issue if anyone else has maybe some thesis or knows about this (temporal works) issue i guess many would like to know what's going on on this users Nvidia Windows System .
for backing to the topic.

I'm sure it's not low memory problem because it doesn't get problem only after running a heavy graphic program.
I did even a clean install but got the same result.
It seems I need an easier way to reset the graphic driver

Edit: You were right. It didn't work in XP because it doesn't reset the video driver (no blank screen while installing and it asked to restart)

Last edited by P.J; 7th June 2011 at 21:42.
P.J is offline   Reply With Quote