View Single Post
Old 19th January 2009, 23:14   #5  |  Link
divin1ty
divin1ty

Hey Sharktooth,

You are more than welcome to use these guides in any fashion you want. If you would like to host them somewhere else and post it that is completely fine.
As I mentioned before, as I am learning about this program and all it's capabilities, I want to share it with others. Especially now, since I can encode for portable devices and for HDTV in either it's original format, down scaling or up-scaling; and with no real loss of quality or any errors throughout the entire process.

When I first started I would always end up with some sort of an error or massive pixels in large blocks on every encode. Once I started playing around with everything I noticed what all the options did within x264 and how it would effect the overall quality of each encode.

And one of my biggest issues was trying to get subtitles to show properly in my encodes. Sure I could get them burned into the image, but I wanted them to be an option and just there and not permanent. I was doing something wrong, because once I started paying attention to all that I was doing, getting subtitles to work was no problem at all.

Anyway, thanks for the program and all the hard work you guys put into this project.

Nathan
COMTEC Mobile Solutions

Last edited by divin1ty; 19th January 2009 at 23:15. Reason: removed website for security reasons since it is not up yet
divin1ty is offline   Reply With Quote