View Single Post
Old 12th August 2015, 09:13   #525  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.70

OK, finally v0.70 is ready.

This version fixes the strange bug with the apostrophe in numbers reported by Airmiles here and two other bugs.

I have also had a problem with a Chinese BD3D. 3 of the subtitles are malformed in the original BD, and as a consequence, they cannot be converted correctly to 3D. If you hardcode the stream, the image is obscured by a large black rectangle during the display of these 3 subtitles. I have found a way to detect that malformed subtitles, and implemented a workaround to simply skip them. The workaround works well, but it is very slow. Therefore, I have added a new option in the Settings menu (as well as in the GUI to convert a subtitle stream to 3D) to turn it off. I recommend to leave it on anyway when you hardcode the subtitles on the video stream, as otherwise you may have to re-encode the whole movie. Note that the workaround is not applied to the 2D subtitle streams.

For the problem of the periodic slowdowns when playing a movie in frame sequential mode at 59.94 fps, I have added an option to force BD3D2MK3D to convert the frame rate to exactly 60 fps instead. Unfortunately, that frame rate seems incompatible with the current MVC decoders, probably because to encode at 60 fps, it is necessary to seek in the video, and that's something not yet supported by the available MVC decoders. As a consequence, the option to encode at exactly 30 or 60 fps is not in the GUI. However, it is possible to test it by editing the "::config(exactly30fps)" option at the end of the BD3D2MK3D.cfg file.

The dcadec DTS decoder is now always used when decoding a DTS, DTS-HD or DTS-HD-MA stream. (It is still possible to use the Libav decoder when the stream is decoded from the Convert Audio tool, but the help message about the Libav option does not recommend it.) As a consequence, the support for the commercial (and slow) ArcSoft decoder has also been removed.

x264 has also been updated to the latest version.

Quote:
# v0.70 (August 12, 2015)
# - Fix: Invalid Character error under foreign Windows systems in some specific languages.
# - Workaround to skip malformed monochrome subtitles when converting them to 3D.
# - New Settings -> Verify Input Subtitles option to enable or disable the (slow) workaround.
# - New setting in Tools -> Convert Subtitles to 3D (with 3D-plane) to disable the workaround.
# - New hidden settings in BD3D2MK3D.cfg to select either 29.97 or 59.94 or exactly 30 or 60 fps.
# - Fix: Bug introduced in v0.69. The program could hang when converting audio to AC3 or AAC.
# - Fix: Little bug when trying to guess the language of a subtitle stream from its file name.
# - BD3D2MK3D forces now eac3to to use the dcadec DTS decoder (unless the "Libav" option is ticked in the GUI).
# - Removed the support for the commercial Arcsoft DTS decoder.
# - Removed the change change in v0.69 to avoid the not responding window when converting audio due to problems.
# - Updated x264 to the latest version (v0.148 build 2579)
Download: BD3D2MK3D.7z

Last edited by r0lZ; 12th August 2015 at 09:17.