View Single Post
Old 5th April 2018, 21:53   #1451  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, it's not so simple to do. If doing the work manually seems simple, it is much more hard to adapt the GUI to be able to open and deal with the two sources at the same time.

Furthermore, it is much more difficult to properly demux a 2DBD, as it can contain streams and especially audio in recent formats (like Atmos) that are prohibited in a 3DBD. Therefore, the tools that BD3D2MK3D uses currently are probably not well adapted to the 2D streams.

I add that if it is true that the streams from the 2D and 3D versions of the same movie from the same package are usually compatible, it's not necessarily the case if the 3D and 2D BDs have been bought separately. It is not rare that the movies begin with different studio logos with different lengths. There is no easy way to verify that, and I don't want to deal with the numerous sync problems that will certainly happen.

Finally, BD3D2MK3D is complex enough for the casual user. It will be difficult and probably not well understood if I add a new tab to open a 2DBD.

Anyway, BD3D2MK3D has been designed to make it as simple as possible to add external audio or subtitle tracks to the final MKV. You have just to demux them, and edit the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS file to add the new streams. Or you can use your method with MakeMKV. (Very good method BTW. However, I think the method can be even faster if you simply rip the audio alone, without the useless 2D AVC video stream, but I don't know if it's feasible with MakeMKV.)

Honestly, what you want to do is very specific to your needs, and I don't think it is worth implementing a complex method to do it automatically with BD3D2MK3D. Sorry.