View Single Post
Old 25th August 2014, 09:55   #63  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

About Bino: Can someone confirm that it supports full-SBS or full-T&B? I can't test it here because I don't have a 3D graphic card.

Also, someone has tested SView?

Note also that the KMPlayer can display SBS or T&B as anaglyph on a standard monitor with a non-3D graphic card. Not very interesting, but I use it sometimes for my tests. (Take care however. Currently, I refuse to do the updates, because that player, excellent in the past, is becoming very bloated with crapware.)

@Frank: I play my half-SBS movies from a HDD connected via USB to my Samsung TV UE40D6500 without major problems. It is true, however, that it cannot display the subtitles embedded in the MKV file, and it displays (badly) only the text subtitles outside of the MKV container. No chapters either. So, it's not a very good solution, but so far it's certainly the best 3D picture I have seen, and I have no stuttering problem. I have tried to play my SBS movie with my LaCie LaCinema (not 3D capable) connected via HDMI, but the resulting picture is not so good (poor contrast and less sharp details), there are stuttering problems, and it is a pain to have to configure the TV in 2D to browse the menus of the LaCinema, and in 3D each time a movie starts, so it's not a good solution IMO. I use it only when it is necessary to display the 3D PGS subtitles.

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th August 2014 at 10:13.