View Single Post
Old 14th April 2020, 13:48   #1  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Convert one color (r,g,b/y,u,v) to another (hue)?

I'm quite out of touch, but:

Say I want to convert BLACK (hex= #000000; decimal=rgb(0,0,0)) to a hue of blue. Any spectrum of blue that I will use something like HEX to determine.

I have ChromeDepth 3D glasses (passive) that are enjoyable for a number of movies and certainly a number of scenes where red is used to bring attention to the front and blue to the furthest point away from me.

I use SVP to interpolate some movies to 60fps and then use my ChromaDepth 3D glasses to watch, to further enhance the 3D quality.

My machine is fast enough to use the most insane settings with SVP. And the ChromaDepth glasses help draw out more for the experience.

But, I feel I can do this better by adding a minor blue hue to all values of black (probably up to 16 luminence to meet TV standards).
Since most black content will amount to shadow details, it should be safe to turn the pure black values to a certain hue of blue. Even if just the lightest hue of blue with the least transparency.
That should help establish a difference in depth with the ChromaDepth 3D glasses, as blue is the furthest object in ChromaDepth.

It's been a long time, so I can't really just throw something randomin to FFDshow to make a difference.

What are my options and what's the maximum I can work with?
I'll re-encode my bluray/UHD-bluray collection if I have to.

tl;dr: I need to turn 0,0,0 to blue. Not pure blue, but allow a level of transparency so there's a hint of blue on all black. Guessing that most black will turn out to be shadows, so as to help with the ChromaDepth 3D glasses.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)

Last edited by Sparktank; 14th April 2020 at 13:54.
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote