View Single Post
Old 9th July 2013, 10:51   #8  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSB View Post
That's some darn nice lateral avisynth fu there, raffriff42!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
I wonder if that could be automated in any way ... if one could like set a threshold...
Yeah, maybe. Something like that

Quote:
I'm not quite sure on how to actually understand the output, though... What's the first "diff" image, for instance?
It represents what has changed between the original image and the processed image. It's almost* what you would see if you opened an image in Photoshop/GIMP/Paint Shop Pro etc >> duplicate as new layer >> do something to the dupe layer like soften >> set merge/overlay mode to "difference."

This is a trick I use all the time when working with images, and I wanted an Avisynth script to do the same thing. It uses MaskTools' mt_lut because that's what I was reading about at the time

The second diff image exaggerates the first by 4x to make the changes more visible.

* Overlay(mode="subtract").Tweak(bright=16) is actually closer to Photoshop; the mt_lut method I show might be "better" because of the "absolute value" term. It shows all differences, where the Overlay/Photoshop method "hides" the negative-going diffs.

Last edited by raffriff42; 9th July 2013 at 12:21.
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote