View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 20:44   #51  |  Link
mikeytown2
Resize Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacman1123 View Post
Mike,

Have you looked at the UI and capabilities of Proshow Gold/Producer? If not, I encourage you to take a look at it, and consider using their parameters for panning, zoom and rotation. Rather than choosing starting and ending X and Y coordinates for upper left / lower right, their system pans by referencing a center point (0,0), so panning from left to right would simply be -15, 0 => +15, 0. Zoom is done by percentage, and X and Y zoom are locked together by default, but that can be "broken" so the aspect ratio can change.

I've been trying to figure out how to convert some Proshow shows to Avisynth, and your KBE is the key to the conversion.

Anyway, you posted about trying to figure out a good way to handle the parameters, a bonus of using Proshow would be that there would be a way to review the effect and get the parameter values. Proshow is great for photos and for a very easy UI to do some amazing stuff, my whole project was based on this before I realized that large videos will frequently crash it (and it's painfully slow with video). Avisynth is awesome for scripting (and amazingly fast for preview), but coding in all the numbers can be overwhelming.

Proshow has a eval/preview version, it's worth checking out as you continue to improve your KBE, just pop a photo on the timeline, double-click, then click on the Motion tab and play around with the values.

Tac
Sweet Program! Those parameters would be perfect in combination with the Align option. I would still keep the x1,y1 x2,y2 because it can take crop values directly, and it give you complete control over the "box". I think now the program would have 2 modes. Mode 1: use X1,Y1 X2,Y2 values. Mode 2: align with zoom pan. Thus the pan values don't always have to start from the center of the clip. Do you guys think going this route will be too much? Also, for this to really take off, a GUI is needed. I would make one in AutoIt, but i don't think AutoIt can do it. For right now, AvsP's Crop Editor, does the trick (FYI, you can use your mouse to drag the crop lines). Zooming out still isn't easy though...

After looking at Proshow, there are multiple ways to do rotate (before or after zoom, xy location), so I'll keep them in mind when i finally take the plunge and add it. I'll probably use the zoom.dll rotate option, when using zoom(), and Effect Rotation with ZoomBox(). This won't be added for some time though...

In case your wondering, I will fully develop the Align option, then add in the zoom pan to it after. Going this route prevents this from being stalled from the dev being too hard. So align will make the initial box, and then use the pan zoom on that box, thus i shouldn't have to redo a lot of code, since it will be 2 different code blocks. This also will allow pan zoom in Mode 1, although it would be kinda odd to use it that way. This of course brings up the question of, when align is not at 5, should it expand into the black area, or should it avoid it all all costs? I personally think it should avoid it at all costs, thus zooming out 2000% with align=1, and the image is in the upper left corner. If it does it the other way then when zooming out 2000% the image will be a little off center.

Please keep the input coming in. The more ideas I have, the better this can be.
mikeytown2 is offline   Reply With Quote