View Single Post
Old 17th October 2014, 20:02   #109  |  Link
CRFOnly
x264 Addict

Yeah there is something mkvmerge put in the default command line PowerDVD doesnt like for sure. It isnt related with --disable-track-statistics-tags because ive been using this line way before i used your software. Hopefully ive done enough mkvmerge from the commandline to be able to do stuff using it.

I actually already edited _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt for my needs. Because honestly the default one you provide put too much useless attachments in the mkv. So i simply only keep video/audio/subs/chapters and name the tracks the way i want. Everything works great. I assume PowerDVD have the same problem with all my older muxs, but i never actually use PowerDVD except to read 3D content.

Another wierd thing PowerDVD do is not actually apply 3d on the 3d subtitles. So you see the 2 subs in the screen when the movie roll and the image is still in real 3d. Thats why im keeping 2d subs as well.

About the subtitles problems, Its happening only if the selected subtitle is the full and i tick the forced checkbox (because i want forced subs). So the software extract the subs (which is full version) then detect the forced captions and make a 3d sub out of it (which is good) but doesnt do the same to make 2d forced subs.

Thats why i wanted the ability to be able to see subtitles size, so i can select forced subs (most of the time they in a separate track for french) and then let the program do his thing without any problem. Sure thing BDINFO can detect this so its not a big deal after all.

So yeah the problem occur only if there is no separate subtitle track, sometimes it means there is just no forced sub at all. But ive seen 3 cases already that actually have many forced subs and just dont work for 2d.

About my request its not a problem if its not easy to do, i know many ways to see if the subs are forced or not already, its just many more steps to do that could be implemented :P

Keep up the good work!