View Single Post
Old 17th October 2014, 09:35   #108  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your kind words, and welcome to the Doom9 forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFOnly View Post
I found out that if i manually mux with the last mkvmerge, PowerDVD will recognize subtitles but wont make them work (even if i activate them manually). Weird thing is if I use your muxer (which is actually mkvmerge from the command line) everything works great.
That's really strange. Especially given the fact that BD3D2MK3D includes normally the last version of mkvmerge.

Have you tried to use the same parameters than BD3D2MK3D ? You can find them in the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file. For example, BD3D2MK3D adds the global option --disable-track-statistics-tags anyway. Without that options, small stat files are muxed with all video, audio and subtitle files. Maybe these stat files confuse PowerDVD.

Quote:
I also found out that the 3d subtitle maker always make sup file without any problem but if i ask it to make 2d subtitles as well, it wont make them in .sup half of the time.

I'm not sure why this is happening... Im mostly using foreign subtitles and most of the time your software take the complete movie sub and extract only forced subs from it, works great in 3d but fail in 2d.
Hum, I will have a look. Personally, I use only VobSub format (for compatibility reasons) and therefore I don't verify often how the SUP files are created.

Note that when you don't explicitly ask to extract the forced subtitles only from a stream, there is no need to create a 2D SUP file. The original SUP demuxed from the BD IS the 2D SUP file. So, I assume that the bug happens only when you select a "forced captions only" stream in tab 2. Right?

Quote:
I would like to request a feature in the software, the hability to see the source file sizes (example subtitles sizes). When i see multiple subtitles files with the same languages, im trying to pick the forced one (which is lower in size). Just saying if you cant i understand.
I understand, but I can't do that easily. The problem is that the stream must be demuxed to know its file size. Or, at least, the whole original M2TS file must be analysed to compute the size of their streams, and in both cases, it's a very long process.

There are several ways to examine the subtitles and decide what streams you need to keep.

You can use the preview to play the subtitle you want to examine. You need a player that displays the available subtitle streams in the same order than in the MPLS file (and therefore than in BD3D2MK3D), but it's usually the case. (You can force BD3D2MK3D to use a specific player with Settings -> Player for Preview.)

If there are several streams that can be what you want, you can also tick them all, and let BD3D2MK3D demux them. You'll see their file size and you can examine their content with BDSup2Sub. Finally, it is easy to remove the streams you don't want by editing the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file.

Final note: I like your pseudo. CRFOnly is my philosophy too! ;-)

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th October 2014 at 09:42.