View Single Post
Old 29th November 2014, 16:55   #156  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I really appreciate your appreciation! ;-)
And your English is not bad; don't worry. Mine is probably worse.

You can write any x264 parameter in the "additional options" field, except those that are already defined by BD3D2MK3D. You can easily discover what parameters BD3D2MK3D sets for you just by trying a conversion of a short clip without additional parameters. Load the _ENCODE.cmd file in a text editor to examine the x264 parameters that have been added automatically to the command line.

Deblock, subme and me_range are never set directly by BD3D2MK3D. You can therefore define them yourself.

The vbv-bufsize and vbv-maxrate parameters are set accordingly to your level setting. For example, if you select level 4.1, BD3D2MK3D adds automatically --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 to be compatible with the selected level (assuming profile high). If you want to specify other vbv params, then you should NOT specify the level. (Use "do not force"). In that case, the level, the profile and the vbv parameters are up to you.

The preset, the encoding mode and the CRF/CQ/bitrate value are always set according to your selection.

The frame-packing is also defined, depending of the selected SBS or T&B mode.

A default qpfile is also defined, to force an I frame at the beginning of each chapter. (It's necessary to avoid problems when seeking from chapter to chapter with some players.)

Other parameters are automatically set, of course: --output and --frames. (You can overwrite --frames if you wish to encode only the beginning of the movie to do a quick test: just specify it in the additional parameters field, and BD3D2MK3D will skip its automatic setting.)

Note that you can save your default settings with Settings -> Save Settings Now. (You should not tick Save Settings on Exit, as otherwise they will be overwritten each time you change them.)

The language is not defined by an x264 setting, but by the muxing options of mkvmerge. It is automatically retrieved from the original BD. (You can change it if you wish by editing the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file.) And yes, it's the language that will be displayed by any player, or by MediaInfo. No language code is associated with the video stream (that is undefined by default).

Last edited by r0lZ; 29th November 2014 at 17:03.