View Single Post
Old 16th August 2015, 11:02   #555  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I haven't seen the film, but IMO, the ++ version is right. There are probably really two "No!" repeated rapidly, and hence the two subtitles. (IMO, 0.5 second is not too short to read a short word like this.)

For your information, the error message of BDSup2Sub.jar is exactly this:
Code:
WARNING: Problems during RLE decoding of picture OBJ at offset 0x001e2544
Since I can intercept that message, I will probably modify the code to call BDSup2Sub++ automatically if that message is displayed by the java version. That should be sufficient to avoid most problems.

[EDIT]
Oh no! The conversion of the original SUP by BDSup2Sub++ is terrible. Full of errors! For many subtitles, it creates several PNG images, some of them purely black. And there are several <Graphic> definitions for the same subtitle. For example, subtitle # 5 produces temp_2D_0005_0.png (with the correct image of the subtitle) and temp_2D_0005_1.png (same dimensions but totally black). But in the XML, the position and size of the first image is wrong: all values are 0. The second image is correctly referenced... but is black. Therefore, when the image is converted to 3D, BD3D2MK3D skips the first definition and uses only the second one. And the result is a black frame.

There are other problems too. Subtitle 23, for example, is converted in 3 identical (and correct) PNG images: temp_2D_0023.png, temp_2D_0023_0.png and temp_2D_0023_1.png. (Why 3?) But the definition in the XML is totally wrong. BDSup2Sub (both version) can't display that subtitle because temp_2D_0023_2.png doesn't exist.
Code:
    <Event InTC="00:01:04:22" OutTC="00:01:06:04" Forced="False">
      <Graphic Width="0" Height="0" X="0" Y="0">temp_2D_0023_0.png</Graphic>
      <Graphic Width="0" Height="0" X="0" Y="0">temp_2D_0023_1.png</Graphic>
      <Graphic Width="392" Height="49" X="843" Y="924">temp_2D_0023_2.png</Graphic>
    </Event>
Conclusion: IMO, it is still better to use BDSup2Sub.jar, even if some subtitles disappear. At least, it creates an usable subtltle stream.
Perhaps later I'll try to remove the bad entries created by BDSup2Sub++, and change the image to use the good one, but currently I will simply fix the bug of the error and return only a warning when the java version can't decode a subtitle.

Last edited by r0lZ; 16th August 2015 at 11:47.