View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 16:08   #10  |  Link
doubleJ

It worked!!!
Now, I didn't follow all the instructions (I already had .srt files and stuff).
I used these instructions...

Quote:
Now convert the SRT files to the TTXT format.

•Open a command-prompt window and change to the directory that contains MP4Box.exe and the source video file.
•Convert the SRT files to TTXT files: type (no quotes) "mp4box -ttxt filename.srt".
•Repeat for each SRT file.
Next, integrate each TTXT file into the source M4V.

•Type (no quotes) "mp4box -add filename.ttxt:lang=threeDigitLanguageCode targetMovieName.m4v. Here is a list of three-digit language codes.
•Repeat for each TTXT file.
When you have integrated all TTXT files into the movie, you must open the M4V in Dumpster (Windows or Mac) by dragging the M4V onto the Dumpster icon. The instructions below refer to Dumpster for Windows.

•Open the M4V in Dumpster.
•Double-click 'moov'.
The subtitle tracks you added to the movie can be found at the end of the 'trak' list. For example, if you added four subtitle tracks they will be the last four 'trak' entries. With this in mind...

•Double-click the first 'trak' that corresponds to your first subtitle track.
•Double-click 'tkhd'.
•Change Flags to $000001.
•Press the Apply button at the bottom of the window (note: press Apply after you make each change described below or else your changes will not be saved).
•Change Alternate Group to $0002.
•Double-click 'tkhd' to close.
•Double-click 'mdia'.
•Double-click 'hdlr'.
•Change Component subtype to $7362746c (this will change the type to 'sbtl').
•Double-click 'hdlr' to close.
Repeat the above steps for each 'trak' that corresponds to a subtitle track, but leave all other 'tkhd'/Flags set to $000000. When you have finished altering all tracks, close Dumpster and check your movie in iTunes:

•Open the M4V in iTunes.
•Hover the pointer over the player so that the control bar appears.
•Click once on the bubble icon and you should see an alphabetical list of your subtitle tracks, as shown in the following image. If any subtitle tracks are missing from the menu, close iTunes, re-open the M4V in Dumpster and verify that you have set all the flags, groups and component subtypes as specified above.
I will say that it's quite a pain in the butt, but it does work.
Also, the file has to be on the device (it wouldn't show subtitles if playing from a website).
JJ
doubleJ is offline   Reply With Quote